FACULTY RESEARCH PROFILES
| Dr. Weiwei Deng, Assistant Professor
- Scalable nanomanufacturing via direct writing and printing of submicron droplets;
- Fundamental thermofluids phenomena associated with the direct writing and deposition, such as impact dynamics of the electrically charged droplets on conducting surfaces;
- New roll-to-roll fabrication technique for thin film solar cells;
- Electrospray and multiplexed electrospray.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Yale University, 2008
- M.S. Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, 2001
- B.S. Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, 1999
Scientific and Professional Societies:
- W. Deng and A. Gomez, Full transient response of Taylor cones to a step change in the electric field, Microfluid and Nanofluid, 2011
- W. Deng and A. Gomez, Electrospray cooling for microelectronics, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 54, 2270-2275, 2011.
- W. Deng and A. Gomez, The Role of Electric Charge in Microdroplets Impacting on Conducting Surfaces, Physics of Fluids, 22:51703, 2010.
- W. Deng, C.M. Waits, and A. Gomez, Digital Electrospray for Controlled Deposition, Review of Scientific Instruments, 81: 035114, 2010.
- B. Almeria, W. Deng, T. Fahmy, and A. Gomez, Controlling the Morphology of Electrospray-Generated PLGA Microparticle for Drug Delivery, Journal of Colloid Interface Science, 343, 125-133, 2010.
- W. Deng, C.M. Waits, B. Morgan, and A. Gomez, Compact Multiplexing of Monodisperse Electrosprays, Journal of Aerosol Science, 40, 907-918, 2009.
- W. Deng and A. Gomez, Influence of Space Charge on the Scale-up of Multiplexed Electrosprays, Journal of Aerosol Science, 38, 1062-1078, 2007.
- W. Deng, J. Klemic, X. Li, M. Reed and A. Gomez, Liquid Fuel Combustor Miniaturization via Microfabrication, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 31, 2239-2246, 2007.
- W. Deng, J. Klemic, X. Li, M. Reed and A. Gomez, Increase of Electrospray Throughput Using Multiplexed Microfabricated Sources for the Generation of Monodisperse Droplets, Journal of Aerosol Science, 37, 696-714, 2006.
- M. Duby, W. Deng, K. Kim, T. Gomez and A. Gomez, Monodisperse Electrospray Multiplexing in the Multi-Jet Mode, Journal of Aerosol Science, 37, 306-322, 2006.
Honors and Awards:
- American Association of Aerosol Research (AAAR)
- Combustion Institute
- Robert E. Apfel Fellowship, Yale University, 2008